- Features stainless pistons, slightly heavier than aluminum pieces but transfer less heat back into the fluid.
- Dual seals (dust/weather and pressure) to meet D.O.T specifications
- Square shoulder seals as opposed to O-rings produce maximum retraction for minimum drag. Eliminates the need for residual valves
- Deeper/longer pistons also prevent "cocking" in the bore.
- S4 pads install from underneath the caliper, pad can never exit out of the top.
- Stainless abutment plates eliminate wear of the aluminum body and minimize pad movement and noise.
- Each S4 caliper is built to a specific rotor thickness. Baer does not use spacers between caliper halves.
- Designed to fit from 11" to 13" rotor diameters
- Available in .375, .810, 1.10, 1.25 rotor widths.
- Availabe with (4) 44.5 mm pistons (1.75") or (4) 34.9mm pistons (1.37")
The S4 caliper is perfect for areas where a smaller 4 piston is needed. The S4 is available in a number of different "ear" or "lug" configurations. These are as follows:
1) Fixed mount. This is what is used on all front Baer systems, as well as all fixed bearing rears (bearing on axle) such as a Ford 9"
2) Floating mount. This is used where we install a 4 piston caliper on a floating rear (c-clip or bearing in housing) such as a 10 bolt. These are designed to float on a pin (these are also available from us).
3) Direct fit mount. Baer builds a number of calipers that bolt directly to late model spindles (with no brackets). These are currently available for the 1993 - 2002 F-body (must use 1998 - 2002 spindles), 2010+ F-body, 1994 - 2004 SN95 Mustang and the 2005+ S197 Mustang.